Need to Know
1. The Dow was up 265 points on Thursday, marking 3 straight days of gains.
2. US factory growth lowest in 6 months. The ISM Manufacturing PMI in the US fell to 57.7 in October from 59.8 in September and below expectations of 59.
3. IHS Markit Canada Manufacturing PMI decreased to 53.9 in October of 2018 from 54.8 in the previous month.
4. The IHS Markit US Manufacturing PMI was revised down to 55.7 in October of 2018 from a preliminary of 55.9, but slightly higher than 55.6 in September.
5. Apple beats on revenue and earnings, but fell 7% in after-hours trading due to lower-than-expected iPhone volumes and mild guidance.
6. Debt service costs in Canada expected to rise to a record. According to TD Bank, interest and principal payments will exceed 15 percent of disposable income by the end of 2020, breaking the current record set in 2007 to become the highest in data back to 1990.
Nice to Know
- Gain Control Using This Simple, Powerful Planning Routine
- Hundreds of Thousands or Millions of "Re-Education" Detainees in China
- Trump Declares 'Blue Wave' Dead
Sunday/Monday's Key Data
- Caixin China Services PMI
- Markit Services PMI
- ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI
- Loan Officer Survey
- US Mid-Term Election
Quote of the Day
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit” – Aristotle